Laura Lindekugel MS, MS, LMFT, SEP
When you need a new approach and a way forward, relief, support, or healing, I can help.
I work with a variety of clients and specialize in:
- Relationship issues, especially infidelity, midlife crisis, intimacy, communication, growing together (or back together), creating safety and connection, and pre-marital counseling (I hold great hope for change and healing in relationships.)
- Gentle trauma resolution following challenging experiences or cumulative stress (extensive and advanced training)
- Anxiety and stress and the impact of cumulative high stress
- Transitions, especially transitioning in your 20s, at midlife, and after loss and ambiguous loss
- Emotional regulation
- Working with highly sensitive persons (HSPs, SPS, HSC) and parenting your highly sensitive child (I'm an HSP, have raised two HSPs, and have been a source for Parents Magazine on this issue.)
- Peak performance, designing a more intentional life, and therapy for therapists
- Life changing illness, issues around sexuality, and issues around eating and body image
- Issues around challenges to fertility, complicated pregnancy, postpartum transition, and parenting, especially parenting highly sensitive children
- Navigating dissolution of relationships and co-parenting more peacefully when one or both of you have decided to end your relationship
I work with individuals (age 11+), couples, and families, and often work with one person towards change in a relationship, towards healing after infidelity, or to walk through a partner’s midlife crisis.
I am warm, calm, compassionate, non-judgmental, and take a collaborative and holistic approach to change, healing, and wellness. I have been married for more than 25 years and with my husband for more than 30 years. And we have raised two children together, now young adults. I have lived abroad five times for education and career in Asia, the U.K., and Europe. As such, I am open minded and have a perspective on the ways that culture, values, and formative experiences shape our lives, patterns, sense of self, and relationships.
I believe that if we could think our way out of problems we would, and I'm passionate about how we actually create and sustain change and healing. So in addition to tools, support, counseling, and resources I can also provide compassionate therapy that incorporates the body and nervous system (Somatic Experiencing, EMDR, and AEDP). Spending time in this way, if you choose, facilitates deep insight, healing, and change.
So what's it like to work with me? If you liked that teacher who inspired you, who was patient but also direct, who had passion and great hope and believed in you, you'll probably find we're a good fit. Having faced pain and challenges in my own life, I am comfortable being in what is yet unknown and walking with people through gaining insight, discerning decisions, healing, and making and sustaining change. I approach this work with great passion and dedication. It's incredibly rewarding and exciting to help people build the relationships and lives they long for, to facilitate healing, to help people move intentionally through difficult periods, to be freed from suffering, and to achieve mastery. I love this work and am fully present and truly invested in you and your wellbeing.
Finding the right therapist is so important. Contact me to set up a free 30-minute consultation to see if we're a fit. We'll spend time making sure you get all of your questions answered, and I can share more about how I work. Click the button below to link to my contact form, or call or email me directly at email@example.com / 952.806.0014. I look forward to connecting with you.
Get in touch
I know that finding the right therapist is a choice not to be taken lightly. That’s why I offer free consultations. We'll talk a bit about the scope of your goals, give you plenty of time to get all of your questions answered, and make sure I feel like a good fit for you.
hours Tuesday through Saturday + 3 evenings per week
Rekindle Counseling 3209 West 76th Street, Suite 304 Edina, MN 55435 firstname.lastname@example.org 952.806.0014
+PERSONAL DAILY PRACTICE SINCE 1989
- M.S., CERTIFIED HOLISTIC HEALTH PRACTITIONER
- GOTTMAN METHOD
- WORKING WITH HIGHLY SENSITIVE PERSONS AND PARENTS OF HIGHLY SENSITIVE CHILDREN (HSP/SPS/HSC)
- SOMATIC EXPERIENCING (Advanced training and post-advanced training with Peter Levine)
- INTEGRAL SOMATIC PSYCHOLOGY
- HEALING FROM INFIDELITY
- PREPARE/ENRICH CERTIFIED
CERTIFICATE IN MATERNAL MENTAL HEALTH
GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN PROGRESS
- THERAPY FOR SYNDROMAL PHYSIOLOGY
- including irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), fibromyalgia,chronic pain, migraines, heart arrhythmias, vertigo, dizziness or fainting upon standing (POTS), low blood pressure, regional complex pain syndrome (CRPS), chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), asthma, and some auto-immune diseases
I have a bachelors degree in English and art history, masters degrees in marriage and family therapy and holistic nutrition, more than 300 hours in trauma therapy training, a certificate in Maternal Mental Health, and am pursuing a Graduate Certificate in Sex Therapy.
ST. OLAF COLLEGE
Bachelor of Arts, English and Art History
KEBLE COLLEGE, OXFORD UNIVERSITY
Visiting Student, one year, English Literature
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN Master of Science, Marriage and Family Therapy, 4.0, research on Somatic Experiencing and trauma therapy
CLAYTON COLLEGE Master of Science, Holistic Nutrition, Highest Honors, 4.0
Clinical Fellow, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
Minnesota Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute
United States Association of Body Psychotherapy
Minnesota Society of Clinical Hypnosis
Postpartum Support International
Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy Institute